Today blogging platforms are the third most used forms of media on the internet. You may wonder why? This is because blogging plays a crucial role in publishing posts, either for your business or as a hobby, as it aids you to drive traffic to your company and aids in sharing your thoughts with the world.
Thus, blogging provides multiple benefits, which is why people look for the best blogging platforms. But due to great saturation in the market, one may find it challenging to find the right one for them and often ask, “which is the best blogging platform”?
So, We’ll help you through the process of selecting the best blogging platforms for your needs and goals so you can reap the advantages of blogging. Then we’ll look at some of the top blogging platforms to see whether they can help you add a blog to your company’s website or develop a standalone blog.
Top 5 Best Blogging Platforms in 2022
- WordPress – Most customizable blogs
- Squarespace – Best for photography and nature blogs
- Blogger – Best for beginners
- Medium – Best for writing
- Wix – Best for music artists and designers
How to choose the Best blogging platform?
To choose the best blogging platforms for your company, consider how their features connect with your objectives and requirements.
For example: If you want to improve your exposure in SERPs or if you want to publish visual content quickly, you should choose a website that offers these services.
- Content editing is one of the essential features that every blogger would look for
- Look for the themes and designs available if they suit your demands or not
- A website that offers SEO features is also the best one
Below are detailed reviews that explain my recommendations, followed by a brief tactical section to assist you in weighing your options.
WordPress – Most Customizable & Scalable Blogs
WordPress was developed to be used as a blogging platform. However, it has evolved into a multi-purpose content management system, although it still offers a lot of blogging capabilities and themes.
WordPress.org not only lets you buy a custom domain and choose from 3,500+ blog-specific themes, but it also lets you use plugins to add social media buttons, forms, affiliate links, and other features.
With over 59,000 free plugins to choose from, the customization possibilities are nearly endless.
Benefits of Blogging with WordPress
- You have complete control over your blog, e-commerce store, or business website with its content management system.
- As your blog expands, you can add other features like forums, online stores, and membership areas.
- It is the most refined platform for monetizing your blog.
- This distinguishes you from your competitors.
- Fifty-four thousand free plugins can also be chosen to enhance the blog’s functionality.
- This makes it simple to include contact forms, galleries, landing pages, popups, and other features on your blog.
Anyone can use the WordPress.org software for free. You’ll need your domain registration and website hosting to start your website or a new blog.
Building a website with WordPress is a bit technical job. However, with WordPress, you can customize your website and create it much more powerful and generate great traffic on your blogs.
Squarespace – Best for Photographers
Squarespace is the best blogging platform for organizations and people who want to create content with many images. You can produce visually appealing and shareable content using Squarespace’s award-winning designer templates and integrations with Getty Images, Unsplash, and Google AMP.
Benefits of Blogging with Squarespace
- Beginners with less technical knowledge will find it simple to use.
- Premium email marketing services are available as an add-on.
- Squarespace comes with several beautiful, professionally designed website layouts.
- It provides a domain name with HTTPS/SSL and different eCommerce stores.
Squarespace offers a variety of paid websites and online store plans. The personal plan costs about $12 per month, while the business plan costs about $18 per month. Both services provide limitless storage and bandwidth. The business plan, on the other hand, offers marketing elements as well as the option to develop online stores.
Squarespace provides attractive templates, simple drag-and-drop design, and the option to showcase your artwork, images, and other media.
Blogger – Best for Beginners
Blogger is a completely free blogging platform, which runs by Google. Blogger was started by Pyra Labs in 1999 but later bought by Google in 2003. It’s a great and easy tool to start your blogging career.
Blogger is also one of the earliest blogging platforms to appear on the internet. It gives you a free Blogspot subdomain as well as a free blog hosting service.
For a custom domain, you have to register a third-party domain provider and connect it with your blog.
Apart from that, you can also integrate your blog with Google Adsense. After analyzing your blog, Google with display ads to monetize your blog.
Benefits of Blogging with a Blogger
- Free blogging platform.
- Easy to use and manage.
- It has mobile-friendly templates available.
- Easy to start, just by Google Account.
- Takes care of Hosting and maintenance as well.
Blogger is completely free to use. However, the user would pay to buy a custom domain. It is suggested to buy the domain from anywhere else to move from blogger to WordPress quickly.
Blogger is a good opportunity to grow your network and audience.
Medium – Best for Writing
Medium is a website that is the best blogging platform for authors, journalists, bloggers, and specialists from various fields. Its blogging interface is simple to use. However, it offers limited social networking functions. Medium is similar to many other social media networks in that you may create an account and begin producing material right away. The following is an example of your profile address:
Blogging with Medium
- You don’t need any technical knowledge or a complicated setup to start this blogging solution.
- You may join a thriving online community of people with similar interests.
- Medium emphasizes content above design, allowing you to concentrate on writing.
- Monetization is achievable with the Medium Partner Program.
The medium offers many tools and opportunities for bloggers to write and learn free of cost. Still, it does not contain any monetization option, making the user switch from medium to other websites.
Medium is a great blogging platform along with social media platform.
Wix – Best for Music Artists and Designers
WIX is a famous and best blogging platform for newbies looking for all of their hosting and blogging needs in one place, with a focus on speed and design above functionality. The drag-and-drop editor makes it simple for small businesses to develop websites. The Wix Blog app may also be utilized to add a blog to your website. Wix, founded in 2006 and having millions of users worldwide, allows anyone to create websites without knowing how to code.
Benefits of Using Wix
- Wix offers a variety of third-party themes and apps to let you personalize your website.
- You can quickly create a website with drag-and-drop tools and zero code.
- It is quick and straightforward to set up your website.
For beginners, Wix offers an exceptional plan. The free version and the paid ones. The free version consists of one subdomain. At the same time, the free paid version starts from $8.50 per month.
Wix is a great platform for beginner Music artist and Designers who wants to easily build a great-looking blog.
Choose the Best Blogging Platform
If you’re just starting out as a blogger, you probably don’t want to start with a complicated platform. There are a lot of factors users should care about and these are some of the main ones:
- Niche-Friendly Customization
- Easy Learning Platform
- Tools that Help You Build Audience
- Generates Great Profit
What is the best blogging website
After weighing all the options, we’ve determined that WordPress.org is the best blogging platform in the list of top 5 best blogging platforms in 2022. In addition, WordPress.org is the most user-friendly, cost-effective, and flexible platform available.